10 empresas se le miden a terminar Hidroituango

10 empresas se le miden a terminar Hidroituango

Ten companies paid the rights to participate in the tender for the final construction of Hidroituango, a work for which all the experts recommended not to change the contractor. However, beyond any technical consideration, EPM continued with the desire to change it, as Mayor Daniel Quintero had requested.

This process was completed after those ten firms paid 4 million pesos of the so-called specifications, which are a kind of quota to be able to present an economic proposal.

These companies are: Yellow River Co Ltd., Schrader Camargo Ingenieros Asociados, Ingema SA, Mincivil SA, Termotécnica Coindustrial SAS, Sinohydro Bureau & Co Ltd Sucursal Colombia, Civilec Ltd, Coninsa Ramon HSA, Serviminas SAS and 4 Towers SAS

One of the questions that resonates now is whether the purchase of specifications by Coninsa Ramón H represents the will of the entire consortium that has been at the forefront of the work —which put its chest to the contingency— and which is also made up of , by the firms Camargo Correa (from Brazil) and Conconcreto.

And it is that several weeks ago it had transpired that they would not participate. However, EL COLOMBIANO established that Coninsa Ramón H wanted to separate the quota in order to participate in the tender, but they will enter into an evaluation process of the contractually imposed conditions, since the risks can be many. On the other hand, they take the quota on a private basis, but would participate as a consortium.

Through a statement, EPM assured that “those who paid have the right to participate in the contractual process, which has a deadline for the presentation of offers on June 23, 2022.” It must be remembered that initially the opening of specifications had not been so successful, so EPM had been forced to extend the step until yesterday, April 1st.

In addition, among the schedule that appears in the public offer, the start date of the new contract would be stipulated for the first of September of this year and would have a duration of 1,125 days, equivalent to approximately three years.

Right here lies one of the concerns of international and national experts: what is missing from the work are delicate processes that require the expertise of those who have already studied the mountain. It cannot be forgotten that the so-called Cerro Capitan has presented earth movements after the contingency of 2018.

And it is that labeled with the number CRW167467, the contracting process for the completion of the Ituango Project has generated doubts and uncertainty on several fronts.

Going against the recommendations of several institutions, among which the consulting firm Pöyry stands out, with this public offer EPM opened the possibility of changing the main contractors of the work.

As stated by that firm in a 432-page document, a change in the builders could result in significant delays (minimum one year) and would reduce the traceability in the recovery of the work. In addition, the overall cost would increase and responsibility for design and execution would be lost.

“According to our experience, the new companies will need several months to understand and verify all the challenges of the project, and in the end they can ask for compensation above EPM’s expectations or even decline their participation,” he stated at the time, in a a study that remained hidden for several weeks, as reported at the time by several Medellín councilors.

It should be remembered that CCCI must deliver turbines 1 and 2 turned on, which are expected to be ready before November 30, 2022, while 3 and 4 would start in 2023. In 2024, 5, 6 and 7 would enter, and the The last one is scheduled for 2025.

Hidroituango reports a construction progress of over 87%, and it is estimated that it will generate when it reaches 90%. Therefore, the new contractor will have the obligation to put six units into service and complete the remaining 10%. To this is added a task that is not minor: comply with the times without putting the work at risk