The consulate of the United States of America described as risky traveling to certain states of Mexico due to the level of insecurityrecommending to its citizens to reconsider it during this vacation, for which it issued a couple of state summaries and security advisory levels depending on the destination.
In the case of Jalisco, the US authorities suggest reconsidering the trips due to the crime and kidnapping that have been registered lately.
Noting that violent crime and gang activity are common in parts of the state and regarding Guadalajara, he detailed that there are turf battles between criminal groups in tourist areas, emphasizing that shooting incidents between criminal groups have injured or killed bystanders. innocent and even American citizens who have been victims of kidnapping.
He also spread an image about the vetoed roads that advise not to travel on vacation
Roads banned by the US
- -Colima: those that connect with Jalisco and Michoacán
- -Tamaulipas: do not use any highway
- -Michoacan: None
- Federal 15D only to travel between Mexico City and Guadalajara, but during the day
- -Jalisco: Do not travel in the vicinity of Michoacán
- -Zacatecas: do not travel any of its roads
Therefore, he stated that in the event of an incident, US government employees must comply with the following travel restrictions
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS FOR EU EMPLOYEES
- -At the Jalisco-Michoacán border: they cannot travel within 12 miles of the border
- -Federal Highway 80: they cannot travel south of Cocula, nor can they travel between Mascota and San Sebastián del Oeste.
The only places where there are no travel restrictions for United States government employees are
NO RESTRICTIONS FOR EMPLOYEES
- -The Guadalajara Metropolitan Area
- -Puerto Vallarta including the Riviera Nayarit -Chapala