One week after the Oscar ceremony, left for history by the slap that actor Will Smith gave Chris Rock in the middle of the stage, another important gala is celebrated this Sunday: the Anglo Grammys.
For this 64th Grammy Awards, which takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, several Colombians are nominated: Paula Arenas, with my loves, in the Best Latin Pop Album category, in which it is also an option Camilo for his work My hands.
In the Best Urban Music Album category, there are three national albums with the option of winning the gramophone: J Balvin, by José; Karol G, for KG0516, and Kali Uchis, for Fearless (Love and Other Demons)
Best Rock or Alternative Album: Bomba Estéreo with Deja, Diamante Eléctrico for Look What You Made Me Do (Deluxe Edition) and Juanes for Origin.
To win the award for Best Music Album for Children they are nominated Andrew and Christina, of the duo 123, for their album Activate.
As usual, before the central event, which this year will be hosted by comedian Trevor Noah, the winners of some categories were revealed:
– Best Musical Theater Album: Bridgerton’s Unofficial Musical’ Abigail Barlow and Emily Bear
– Best Compiled Soundtrack for Visual Media: United States vs. Billie Holiday – Andra’s Day
– Best global music performance: Mohabbat – Arooj Aftab
– Best instrumental composition: Eberhard-Lyle Mays
– Best improvised jazz solo: Humpty Dumpty (Set 2) – Chick Corea
– Best performance of American roots: Cry – Jon Batiste
– Best American album: Native Sons – Los Lobos
– Best traditional blues album: I’ll Try – Cedric Burnside
– Best folk album: They’re Calling Me Home – Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turrisi
– Best reggae album: Beauty in silence – Soy
News in development…